Check out the latest Faculty Focus Newsletter – November 2015: Faculty Association Newsletter for November 2015
- Faculty Raise
- Attention: Part-time Faculty: Placement In Retirement System
- SDI Option for Part Tiime Faculty
- Is Your Part Time Faculty Paycheck Correct?
Join us for two faculty hiring events: Saturday, November 14 at Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Drive, Livermore, CA 94551
“What You Need to Know to Secure a Full-Time Tenure-Track Position” will take place from 1-3 PM in Room 2420. It will consist of a diverse panel of faculty to discuss the application & hiring process and will feature President Barry Russell who will discuss tips & strategies concerning the second interview. We will also make some time for Q&A at the end of the session. While similar in spirit to our 2014 event, there will be new information presented here, so you may want to attend even if you came to it last year.
The “Adjunct Faculty Recruitment Event” will take place from 3-5 PM in the main foyer just outside of Room 2420 and will feature participation from the College President, Vice President of Academic Services, Division Deans, and some discipline faculty. This event is intended for faculty interested in working at Las Positas College in a part-time (adjunct) capacity. Please bring a copy of a current resume with you if you intend on going to this event.
If you intend on attending either event, please RSVP at https://goo.gl/K979ar. Make sure to fill out ALL fields in the spreadsheet, including the ones that specify which event(s) you will be attending.
Flyer: Event Flyer
Updated Part-time seniority lists for Chabot Faculty, Chabot Counselors & Librarians, LPC Faculty, LPC Counselors & Librarians. See the Part-Time Faculty tab.
Board of Trustees Ratifies Tentative Agreement
See details below
New salary schedules:
Salary Schedule 2015-2016
Salary Schedule 2016-2017
Salary Schedule 2017-2018
Message from Charlotte Lofft, FA President Faculty Fair Share Letter – August 2015
Here are some of the important Faculty Association Meetings that faculty should attend:
- August 11, 12:00-1:00, room 405 — Chabot new faculty luncheon (sponsored by Faculty Association)
- August 12, 12:30-1:30, room 1620 — Las Positas new faculty luncheon (sponsored by Faculty Association)
- August 13 (Convocation day): General Faculty Association Meeting: 8:00am-9:00am
- September 29, 12:00-1:00, General Faculty Association Meeting at Chabot, room TBA
- September 30, 3:30-4:30, General Faculty Association Meeting at Las Positas, Faculty Lounge (cafeteria)
- October 29, 12:00-1:00, General Faculty Association Meeting at Chabot, room TBA
- The Faculty Association will be scheduling more meetings to discuss new contract
Chabot General FA Meeting Notes, March 17: March 17
Chabot General FA Meeting Notes, April 28: April 28